Introducing the 12 For Good Challenge, a social media campaign, inspiring people to give some, or all of their $1,200 federal stimulus checks to nonprofits serving families in financial distress due to COVID-19. What are you doing with your $1,200?
"Many of us are receiving bail-out money as a result of the economic hardship caused by the Coronavirus pandemic. However, a lot of us who are going to be getting these federal stimulus checks are not in immediate economic crisis. If you are one of these individuals, the 12 For Good Challenge is an opportunity for you to make a difference. Join me and donate some, or all of your check to a nonprofit on the front lines, serving families most affected by this global epidemic."
- Tim Martin, Bresee Board member since 2014
• Over $60,000 in $300 and $500 grocery gift cards to our families that are far below the federal poverty guidelines.
• Drop’n’Go grocery bag delivery to home-bound seniors weekly.
• Grab’n’Go meals from Bresee’s parking lot for families daily.
Emergency Financial Assistance
• Over $900,000 in prepaid debit cards in the amounts of $700, $1,100, or $1,500 to families that meet the federal poverty guidelines and who’ve had at least one household member lose their job.
• Emergency rental assistance from $500 to $3,000 per household, as well as utility bill assistance.
Virtual Education, Connection, & Counseling
• Laptops to our students whose families don’t own one or have multiple children and only one device.
• Virtual tutoring to our youth through google hangouts, online educational videos, and resources so our students can continue learning from home.
• Virtual Gang Prevention (GRYD) counseling for our most at-risk youth and their families.
To all our donors:
Your generosity is helping meet the basic needs of families in financial distress due to the COVID-19 pandemic. On behalf of all of our youth, families,and seniors, thank you for your support.
“Hola. Buenos Dias. Muchas gracias por esta ayuda. Que dios los bendiga por ayudarnos en momentos difíciles. Muchas, muchas gracias”.
"Mi familia y yo estamos muy agradecidos. Sean todos usted muy bendecidos."
"Thank you for the food. We appreciate it. Now we have something new to eat every now and then. Me, my mom, my nephew, and my brother-in-law were glad that we had more food to last for a week. This was the best thing that we have received in a long time. Thank you!!”
Invest in LA's Future Matching Campaign. Now thru December 31st, double your impact by visiting our page at https://givebutter.com/bresee2020.